New Coolers for 2018
Outdoorsmen are always looking for the latest and greatest gear and this includes top-notch coolers
Check out some of the new coolers to hit the market that are perfect for hunters and outdoor enthusiasts.
Editor's note: This post was originally published in February 2018 and has recently been updated to include new coolers released during Spring/Summer.
Quest 25-Quart Backpack Soft Cooler
Easily transport cold drinks to and from the hunting stand with the newly redesigned Quest 25-Quart Backpack from Canyon Coolers. Simply load the cooler, secure the roll-top seal, strap it on your back and trek into adventure! This new soft-sided cooler is made to go just about anywhere outdoorsmen do.
- 20" tall x 12" wide x 10" deep
- 25-quart capacity
- Built with raft-grade 800 denier RF welded PVC shell to resist tears and scratches
- Closed-cell AirCore insulation lined inside with IceSkin (three times the insulation found in most soft coolers)
- Ergonomic shoulder straps and back support are padded thick
- Tie-down and lashing points on outside of cooler
- Water-resistant zippered pouch
- Drawstring mesh pocket
- Available colors: Sage, Arctic White
- Lifetime warranty
MSRP: $139.99 | Contact: Canyon Coolers
HD-30 Soft-Sided Cooler Bag
If you're looking for a portable soft-sided cooler bag to safely transport your meat and other perishables home, look no further than the new HD-30 Soft-Sided Cooler Bag by ENGEL. Measuring 20 inches long, 10 inches wide and 16 inches tall, it fits most airline size requirements for carry-on luggage and can be easily carried by its tote handles, side handles, or single adjustable padded strap.
- 20" long x 10" wide x 16" tall
- 32-quart capacity
- Weighs 5.25 pounds empty
- 100% waterproof
- Made of sturdy 840 denier fibers, providing maximum strength and abrasion resistance
- Welded seams and zipper keep warm air out and ensure no water leaks
- Closed-cell foam inside cooler prevents air from passing through
- Patent-pending vacuum valve technology (Use the "Vacuum Valve" on the side to remove excess air from around the insulation.)
- Front and back sides are covered with Thermal Plastic Urethane (TPU) film for durability and puncture resistance
- Integrated bottle opener
- Water-resistant front pocket
- Available colors: Blue, Green, Orange. Seafoam coming soon.
MSRP: $199.99 | Contact: ENGEL Coolers
150-Quart Navigator – Available Late Spring 2018
Need a sturdy, extra-large and ridiculously cold cooler for that extended hunting or camping trip you have planned? Get the new 150-quart Navigator by Canyon Coolers. This rotomolded cooler is built strong to withstand the harsh elements of the outdoors and is large enough to store all your provisions. Certified by the IGBC as bear-resistant, you can rest assured that your food and drinks will be protected inside the cooler from wildlife.
- 150-quart capacity
- 5" long x 23" wide x 19.7" deep
- Innovative basket system inside (Use the baskets to store perishables out of the ice and to maximize cooler space, so you can store more of what you need. No more digging through ice for a soggy sandwich.)
- Rotomolded design and thick walls (thicker than comparable coolers)
- Cam over pull ring latch design
- Jungle Cord lashing system on lid with 10 lash-down points
- 2 large 1.75-inch-thick drain plugs
- Seat pads
- Bottle opener
- Truck-bed friendly skid plates
- Certified by the IGBC as bear-resistant
MSRP: n/a | Canyon Coolers
Trooper LT 30 and 20 Soft Coolers
Need a rugged, soft cooler to take along on your next adventure? If you do, you'll want to check out OtterBox's new Trooper line. The new line features two designs – the Trooper LT 30 and Trooper 20. Both styles will keep your food and drinks cold for up to three days, which is perfect for those multi-day treks.
- Comfortable extra-wide straps
- Premium-grade thermal insulation
- 65 IP rating to protect against rushing rapids
- Strong base to protect against abrasion
- Water-resistant sealed pockets on the outside for extra storage
- Included bottle opener attaches perfectly to each coolers' mounting system
- Additional accessory available: If you use an OtterBox Drybox to protect your smartphone, keys, etc., you'll want to get the Drybox Clip. It conveniently snaps onto the mounting system of the cooler.
- Available colors: Hazy Harbor (white/blue), Alpine Ascent (tan/green) and Forest Edge (Realtree Xtra camo)
- Limited lifetime warranty
The Trooper LT 30 has a 30-quart capacity and can be carried two ways – on the shoulder or as a backpack. It's extra-large opening makes it a breeze to load items and access them once inside. It's a bit tricky to open the LT 30 at first, but once you figure it out, it's easy. With the front of the cooler facing away from you, simply lift the back of the latch up while pushing forward, then pull up to release.
Check out this gear review of the Trooper LT 30 on GameandFishMag.com.
The Trooper 20 is a bit smaller with a 20-quart capacity. It features a padded, two-inch wide carrying strap and a flip-top lid. The lid stays open when needed, which is great because it's a lot easier to load a cooler when you have two hands.
MSRP: $249.99-$299.99 | Contact: OtterBox
Mossy Oak Tracker Backpack
Whether you're planning a single or multi-day hunting trip, you'll want to add the Tracker by Polar Bear Coolers to your gear list. Designed with hunters in mind, the Tracker is built tough and features an attractive Mossy Oak camouflage exterior.
- 18" long x 12" wide x 7" deep
- Portable and lightweight cooler intended to be worn as a backpack
- Wide, adjustable padded straps
- Thick closed-cell foam base and body insulate from top to bottom
- 100% waterproof, inside and out
- Outer shell is made from 1000 denier coated nylon
- FDA-approved inside liner is puncture resistance and pulls out for easy cleaning
- Rubber-coated zippered opening keeps water out and opens wide for easy access
- 2 aluminum buckles can be used to tighten the opening down for those times you pack light, optimizing space in the cooler and improving ice retention
- Buckles can be utilized as bottle openers
- Multiple outside pockets: 2 on the front (one mesh and one zippered), large pockets on the back and sides of the cooler, and a small pocket on the left shoulder strap
- Carabiner attachments on front
MSRP: $129.95 | Contact: Polar Bear Coolers
Everest Rotomolded Cooler
Another great new cooler for 2018 is the Everest by AO Coolers. This robust 80-quart hard-sided cooler is built to endure the mighty outdoors. It's rotomolded polyethylene construction provides resistance to sudden impacts and ensures the cooler will last for a long time.
- 33" long x 18" wide x 19" deep
- 80-quart capacity
- Weighs 35 pounds empty
- Rotomolded polyethylene construction
- Thick, 3-inch walls provide excellent ice retention and resistance to outside temperatures
- Foam-padded handles on each side for easy transport
- Screw-in gasketed 1-inch diameter drain plug
- Included divider to keep items inside organized and separated
- Colors available: White, Deep Blue
MSRP: $359.95| Contact: AO Coolers
Hopper BackFlip 24 Cooler
The new Hopper BackFlip 24 is part backpack, part cooler. It's the first cooler engineered by YETI to be carried as a backpack and with its convenient-to-carry design, you can comfortably haul a day's worth of cold drinks to and from your outdoor destination.
- 19 1/8" tall x 13 3/4" wide x 8 1/2" deep
- DryHide Shell is resistant to mildew, punctures and harsh UV rays.
- 100% leakproof zipper
- Closed-cell rubber foam insulation for superior cold-holding
- Ergonomic shoulder straps for comfort
- Removable chest strap and waist belt for added stability and security
- Available color: YETI's Fog Gray/Tahoe Blue
MSRP: $299.99 | Contact: YETI
Elite 48-Can Soft Cooler
Pelican introduced a new larger size to their Elite Soft Cooler collection, the Elite 48-Can Soft Cooler. Ideal for adventure seekers, this new high-quality soft cooler is spacious and a great alternative to heavier hard-sided coolers.
- 20" long x 13" wide x 16" deep
- Detachable, padded shoulder straps
- Weighs only 8 pounds empty
- High-density closed-cell foam insulation for extreme ice retention
- 100% watertight and leak-proof with a sweat-proof exterior
- Puncture-proof exterior made with 840-denier double-coated thermos-plastic urethane
- Dual-lock buckle system (press and pull) is easy to use and holds tight under pressure
- Stainless-steel tie-down anchors with built-in bottle openers
- Front pocket for extra storage
- Available color: Black/gray
- 3-year warranty
MSRP: $329.99 | Contact: Pelican Coolers
KENAI 45 Rotomolded Cooler – New for Spring 2018
In search of a quality rotomolded cooler that won't break the bank? Consider the KENAI, a new factory-direct line of coolers designed by Grizzly Coolers. The KENAI 45 has the same rotationally-molded construction and insulation as other Grizzly coolers, but is more affordable than many competitors because there is no middleman. These coolers are sold directly from the factory.
Read my gear review of the KENAI 45 on GameandFishMag.com.
- 15 3/4" tall x 28 1/4" wide x 16 1/4" deep
- 45-quart capacity
- Rotationally molded construction
- Up to two inches of environmentally-friendly pressure-injected insulation
- Molded-in hinge on lid with aluminum pin
- Leakproof silicone gasketed drain plug
- Heavy duty rubber lid latches
- Non-slip, non-marking rubber feet
- Two types of handles: Molded-in handle and rope handle with nylon sleeved rubber grip
- 2-inch tiedown slots on each side
- Silicone rubber gasket around the lid
- Available colors: Gray, Lime, Olive Green, Orange, Red, Sandstone, Seafoam, Tan, Teal, White
- Constructed in the USA
- Lifetime warranty
MSRP: $179.99 | Contact: Grizzly Coolers
Cordova 125 XL Cooler – New for Spring 2018
If you need an extra-large cooler to take on your next big-game hunting expedition, the new Cordova 125 XL is it! With a 32-gallon capacity, it's the largest hard-sided cooler offered by Cordova Cooler and will easily hold everything you need to keep cold during your hunt.
- 46" long x 19 5/8" wide x 19 3/4" deep
- 32-gallon capacity
- Rotationally molded construction
- Obstruction-free top-mount lid latches
- No-fall lid lock system keeps lid open when retrieving items from inside
- CNC-machined aluminum handles with integrated bottle-opener
- TriLock quad-core rubber gasket for maximum seal
- Gorilla-Grip anti-slip feet
- Raised lid lip keeps items from sliding off the lid
- Eco-friendly foam delivers highest insulation rating and cooling efficiency
- Available colors: Gray, Sand, White, Aqua
- Manufactured in the USA
- Lifetime warranty
MSRP: $399.99 | Contact: Cordova Cooler
Tundra Haul Wheeled Cooler – Available Summer 2018
Meet the Tundra Haul, Yeti's first rotomolded cooler on wheels! It offers the same superior insulation and strength as the company's other coolers, but its welded aluminum handle and puncture-resistant wheels make it much easier to transport.
- 28 1/4" long x 18 5/8" wide x 19 1/2" deep
- Weighs 37 pounds empty
- Rotomolded construction
- Extra-thick walls with up to 2 inches of PermaFrost insulation
- Freezer-quality gasket around lid
- 2 heavy-duty rubber latches on lid
- Molded-in handles on sides of cooler
- Available colors: Charcoal, White
MSRP: $399.99 | Contact: YETI
Frio 360 Soft-Sided Cooler With Bluetooth Speaker – New for Summer 2018
Listen to your favorite tunes and keep your drinks cold with the new Frio 360 18-Can Cooler. This soft-sided cooler is portable, lightweight and includes a detachable, water-resistant LED speaker.
- 26" long x 9" wide x 13" tall
- Weighs 5 pounds empty
- Holds 18 cans with ice
- 5-ounce coated vinyl with smooth matte finish
- 600 denier polyester with pvc backing for sublimation
- Multi-ply foam and vinyl lining
- Cold seal foam ply technology keeps ice up to 2 days
- Leak-proof soft-side liner
- Adjustable shoulder strap and support handle
- Mesh pocket for extra storage
- Funnel drain system to remove water quickly
- Handmade in Texas, USA
- Colors/styles: Bright Pink, White, Rustic Tan, Texas, Cassette, Sport
MSRP: $124.99 | Contact: Frio