Pheasant Piccata Recipe
March 05, 2018
Not only is hunting pheasants both fun and challenging, the prize you take home can be turned into delicious table fare, like this Pheasant Piccata Recipe
[caption id="attachment_30882" align="alignnone" width="1366"] Pheasant Picatta Recipe with orange slices, parsley and capers for garnish. (Photo courtesy of BestNaturalBBQ.com)[/caption]
By: Fat Boy Game Seasonings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 to 8 (¼-inch thick) skinless & boneless pheasant breasts
- Fat Boy Wild Game Seasoning
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, divided
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Sprinkle seasoning on pheasant cutlets and dust with flour.
2. Heat oil and 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Sauté breasts 2-3 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
3. Add lemon juice and white wine to pan, scraping pan drippings into sauce.
4. Add capers. Boil down by half over high heat. Turn off heat and add remaining butter until it melts. Pour over pheasant and garnish with parsley.
For more recipes, visit BestNaturalBBQ.com.