Spicy jalapeño and sweet honey team up in this fun venison slider recipe to bring you a burger creation you can’t pass up
This venison recipe was inspired by a green chili cream cheese burger I once ordered at a restaurant in Breckenridge, Colorado. At the time, cream cheese on a burger had never occurred to me, but I can assure you … it was love at first bite. I began experimenting with this ingredient in various burger recipes and low-and-behold – my time-consuming food experiments paid off and the Jalapeño Cream Cheese Venison Sliders Recipe was born.
Yield: 6 sliders
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 small white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 large jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 6 slider buns
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Divide ground venison in six parts and roll each into a ball. Press down on each venison ball to create a ½-inch thick patty. Season both sides of each patty with salt and pepper.
2. In a small sauce pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over low-heat and let simmer until butter browns. Add sliced onion and allow to slowly caramelize.
3. In a grill pan, add remaining butter. Coat the pan with the melted butter and add venison patties. Allow to grill over medium-heat. Flip patties when grill marks begin to appear on the bottom, about 7 minutes. Cook the other side until browned and desired doneness is reached, 3 to 6 minutes depending on how rare you like your meat. While the second side of the patties are cooking, lightly toast all twelve halves of the slider buns on your oven broil setting. Watch them closely to make sure they don’t burn!
4. Plate slider buns and add a patty to each bottom half of bun. Top each venison patty with 1 tablespoon cream cheese, some sliced jalapeño and caramelized onions. Drizzle each slider with honey and seal with the top bun. Enjoy!