February 21, 2018
By PH Online Editors
Make this Venison Meatballs Recipe with ground venison or wild turkey
By: Scott Leysath, "The Sporting Chef"
Yield: 15 meatballs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups ground venison
- 1 cup ground pork or bacon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1½ teaspoons Hi Mountain Zesty Western Burger Seasoning
- ½ cup pepper jelly
- ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
1. Combine venison, pork or bacon, eggs and breadcrumbs. Mix well and form into golf ball-sized balls.
2. Brown venison meatballs evenly in a lightly-oiled skillet.
3. While the meatballs are browning, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Brush mixture over venison meatballs once browned and cooked through, approximately 15 minutes.
The Essentials Gear Box.
Our editors have hand-picked these essential pieces of gear to make you a more successful hunter when you hit the game trails this season.