A quick, easy and super delicious recipe made with ground venison sausage – this could possibly become your favorite breakfast dish
This spicy venison sausage egg scramble recipe checks off all four of my requirements for a good breakfast: spicy, quick, easy, delicious. If you have precooked venison sausage, this protein-packed, Paleo-friendly breakfast should take you five minutes from start to end.
Editor’s Note: I always have two to three pounds of cooked ground venison in the freezer, and a pound thawed in the refrigerator ready to go for a variety of different recipes calling for ground venison.
Total time: 5-10 minutes (if using precooked venison)
Paleo friendly: Yes
- ¼ to ⅓ pound of precooked ground venison breakfast sausage
- 2 medium-size eggs (use fertilized farm-raised if you can get them; they have richer flavor)
- Shredded cheese (use your favorite)
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Dried minced onion flakes
- Olive oil
- Tabasco (original)
- Salt and black pepper (optional)
1. In a small skillet, preheat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low to medium heat.
2. Scatter precooked ground venison breakfast sausage in skillet, stir until heated.
3. Crack open and pour two medium-size eggs over venison sausage.
4. Add crushed red pepper and onion flakes to your liking.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste (optional).
6. When eggs start to cook, begin to stir/scramble the mixture together until eggs are fully cooked.
7. Dump venison egg scramble into bowl, add a few drops of original Tabasco sauce, top with shredded cheese.
8. Enjoy immediately!