September 07, 2023
This recipe can be used with most cuts of venison tenderloin and backstrap.
Serves : 2 - 4 people
- 1 lb Elk tenderloin or backstrap cut into two pieces (This works really well with the end pieces)
- Sea salt to taste
- 2-3 tsp Spiceology Cowboy Crust Coffee Rub
- 1 C Blackberries or dewberries (preferably fresh)
- 2 oz. Bourbon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1-2 Tbsp whole butter
- Olive oil
- Allow meat to sit out long enough to come to room temperature. Depending on where you are, this may take more or less time.
- Heat oil in the skillet to medium - high heat.
- While the skillet is heating, lightly salt steaks on each side, and coat with Spiceology, Cowboy Crust seasoning.
- Cook for roughly 3 minutes on each side.
- Add 1 Tbsp of butter before removing from skillet, with a quick flip on each piece.
- Set aside and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Add bourbon, smashed berries, smidge of salt, and honey to a small sauce pot. Cook for 5 minutes and set aside.
Prepare your sides outside while your meat is resting.
- ½ lb (about 2 C) raw okra (whole,blanched)
- 1 lb baby red or gold potatoes (parboiled)
- 1 Tbsp. whole butter Spiceology Greek Freak seasoning
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh Spinach, or salad greens of your choice
- Add butter to skillet.
- Once butter is melted, add potatoes and dash of salt.
- Cook potatoes for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add whole blanched okra, squeeze of lemon juice, and greek freak seasoning.
- Stir, and cook for another 3-5 minutes. I prefer to go a little longer because I like my okra a little charred on the outside.
- Finish with another spritz of lemon.
This can be served as is, or tossed together with fresh spinach, squeeze of lemon, olive oil and served as a salad.