Teriyaki and Soy Roasted Quail Recipe
This Teriyaki and Soy Roasted Quail Recipe is made with a unique blend of traditional Asian spices
Yield: 4 quail
Prep time: 15 minutes (+ 30 minutes marinating time)
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 quails
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon roasted onion
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese five spice (blend of cinnamon, cloves, fennel, star anise and Szechwan peppercorns)
- Soak each quail in water and rinse until water is clear and not bloody.
- Combine all ingredients, except quail, in large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag and shake to combine ingredients. Add each quail to the bag. Seal bag again and let chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Remove quail from bag and place on a baking sheet. Reserve marinade from bag.
- Roast quail, uncovered, in the oven for 12-18 minutes or until quail is done.
- In the meantime, pour the marinade in a small pot and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes. The marinade should become more concentrated as it simmers.
- Pour marinade sauce over roasted quail and serve hot with your favorite Asian side dish.
For more information about the Rio Piedra Plantation, a quail hunting lodge in Georgia, please visit riopiedraplantation.com.