Yield: 2 cups marinade
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups orange juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons five spice powder
- Place venison in a non-reactive bowl or gallon-size zip-top bag.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour all but ½ cup of marinade over the venison, reserving excess marinade to reduce to a glaze. If using a bag, remove all the air to ensure the deer is fully submerged in the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before grilling.