This Venison Italian Meatball Sandwiches Recipe is a staple in our house. The meatballs are quick and easy to throw together, with plenty to go around for seconds!
Yield: 26 meatballs
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground venison or wild turkey
- ½ cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sandwich or hoagie rolls
- American Cheese
- Your favorite red tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spray foil with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground venison (or wild turkey), bread crumbs, egg, garlic, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Once thoroughly combined, use an ice cream scoop to form individual meatballs and place them on the cookie sheet, approximately one inch apart.
- Bake meatballs for 10 minutes, turn, and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- If desired, when there is approximately 5 minutes left of cooking time, place your rolls, opened and face down, directly on an open rack in the oven.
- Remove meatballs and rolls from the oven.
- Layer cheese, then meatballs, and lastly your favorite red sauce on top of the toasted rolls and enjoy!
The Essentials Gear Box.
Our editors have hand-picked these essential pieces of gear to make you a more successful hunter when you hit the game trails this season.