Spicy Venison Sausage Egg Scramble Recipe
A quick, easy and super delicious recipe made with ground venison sausage – this could possibly become your favorite breakfast dish
This spicy venison sausage egg scramble recipe checks off all four of my requirements for a good breakfast: spicy, quick, easy, delicious. If you have precooked venison sausage, this protein-packed, Paleo-friendly breakfast should take you five minutes from start to end.
Editor's Note: I always have two to three pounds of cooked ground venison in the freezer, and a pound thawed in the refrigerator ready to go for a variety of different recipes calling for ground venison.
Total time: 5-10 minutes (if using precooked venison)
Paleo friendly: Yes
- ¼ to ⅓ pound of precooked ground venison breakfast sausage
- 2 medium-size eggs (use fertilized farm-raised if you can get them; they have richer flavor)
- Shredded cheese (use your favorite)
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Dried minced onion flakes
- Olive oil
- Tabasco (original)
- Salt and black pepper (optional)
- In a small skillet, preheat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low to medium heat.
- Scatter precooked ground venison breakfast sausage in skillet, stir until heated.
- Crack open and pour two medium-size eggs over venison sausage.
- Add crushed red pepper and onion flakes to your liking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (optional).
- When eggs start to cook, begin to stir/scramble the mixture together until eggs are fully cooked.
- Dump venison egg scramble into bowl, add a few drops of original Tabasco sauce, top with shredded cheese.
- Enjoy immediately!